We Love What We Do
DMC Law provides client-centered service by being a trusted advisor, understanding our clients’ businesses and goals, and collaborating with skilled, like-minded lawyers to serve our client’s best interest.
- Advise on compliance with various state and federal health privacy laws including HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2 and applicable state laws.
- Monitor the health privacy regulatory landscape for changes, governmental guidance or enforcement initiatives. and other important developments and counsel clients on the impact of such developments.
- Respond to state and federal complaints relating to alleged health privacy violations.
- Investigate health privacy compliance matters, make breach determinations, recommend corrective action and handle breach reporting and notification.
- Establish health privacy and security compliance programs including drafting and implementing policies and procedures and developing customized education for staff.
- Train on general compliance as well as targeted areas of need (e.g. minimum necessary, right of access, HIPAA Security Rule, etc.).
- Assist business associates with establishing HIPAA-compliant policies and processes necessary to do business with healthcare providers and other HIPAA-covered entities.
- Perform Business Associate Agreement audits.
- Counsel on subpoena response and prepare providers for testimony.
- Advise healthcare providers on a broad range of regulatory compliance, risk management, licensure, Medicare and Medicaid, contract, and day-to-day operational issues.
- Counsel clients on providing telehealth services.
- Respond to government investigations and inquiries.
- Represent providers before state and federal administrative agencies.
- Advise on compliance with various state, federal and international privacy laws.
- Provide the full complement of data breach services including breach notification to individuals and various government entities and management of forensic, logistics, PR and other data breach response vendors.
- Counsel clients on cyber security risks, the creation of information security plans, incident response plans, breach prevention and the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Assist with planning and preparation of research protocols, informed consents, and other required research documents.
- Interpret relevant federal and state regulatory requirements and provide guidance on legal and privacy matters related to research projects.
- Review, draft and offer training on policies, procedures, and forms for compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Advise on research data privacy and sponsor requirements for responsible conduct of research and conflicts of interest.
- Assist in preparing for audits or monitoring visits by sponsors, or other research oversight committees.